Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Holiday

My sons have started a new holiday... Best Friends Day. This holiday will takes place every Tuesday. On this day, they play together with no fighting. They give each other toys that the other covets and they do random acts of service.

They came up with this on their own a few weeks ago and it's great to watch them. They will do each others chores and give each other gifts and sometimes money. They get along all day.

I think this is a great holiday. Maybe I should try it with my husband. Just think, a whole day devoted to my husband. Kindness, service, gifts, a special dinner, perhaps a nooner...

I think I'll try it and see what it does for my marriage.

4 comments:

Druciana said...

That is a great idea!

taradon said...

That's a wonderful idea - both for your boys and for you and your husband!

Tera said...

Cute boys! and a cute idea!

Cara said...

Melissa, I love this post! I read it to my husband on the phone a moment ago and he also got a kick out of it. I'm gonna share it with my boys, too. Great idea!