Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blissfully jammin' in my ignorance

Have you ever had the experience of discovering a new song on the radio that you just fall in love with? You quickly make a mental note of who the artist is and the name of the song so you can go home and get it from ITunes and then download it as a ringer for your phone.

Every time it's on the radio you blast it, drowning out the noise from your children. You're so enthusiastic that your children are instant fans of the song as well.

Just when you think all is well with the world (let's face it, some songs have the ability to make you feel that way), some jerk has to go and burst your bubble.

"You know what that song is about, don't you?" he asks.

Of course I do. I proceed to tell him what I think it's about to which he recites the lines word for word.

Shock and dismay overcome me. My jaw drops. What?! How can that be?! I love(d) that song!! You mean I've been slamming that garbage into my head and worse, into my kids' heads for weeks now? Oblivious to its meaning or what the intention of the song was, I was happy. WE were happy.

Why would someone want to crush my little soul? I was blissfully jammin' in my ignorance. Jerk!

4 comments:

Cara said...

What song are you referring to? I'm dying to find out!

Jami said...

What was the song?

Mistaken said...

I won't say. That would make ME the jerk. I'll leave you unaware so you can enjoy. :)

taradon said...

I hate it when that happens... I remember LOVING "Pour Some Sugar on Me" when I was in high school. My bubble was burst by a friend of mine and I lost all my enjoyment. Still bums me out.