Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's about time!

I guess I finally better post about Halloween. I only have one picture of the kids' costumes but you can see pretty clearly.

Christopher wanted to be a ghost. He's pretty traditional. He was a skeleton the last couple of years. I thought the ghost thing would be pretty simple so I bought a cheap white twin sheet and tried to cut it to fit but I really messed it up so I had to buy another one. I ended up just cutting an X where his head fit and slipped it over his head. I trimmed the bottom, painted his face and we were good to go.

Adam was a punk rocker. We had a blow up guitar (which he actually used last year) and we shaved the sides and back of his head. We've been letting his hair grow for a couple of months hoping it would be long enough. I spiked up his mohawk and painted it green. I think the fake rings in his ears and lip were the best though. Pretty realistic. I still find him wearing them around the house, hehe. He tried to fight me when I went to shave off his mohawk, but of course, I won. He looked pretty cool.

Sarah went as a washing machine. That was pretty fun to make. A box, white contact paper, a paper plate and we were good to go. At several of the houses we went to the owners made her wait while they had the rest of the household come to the door to look. It was great.

I'm not a big Halloween fan but this year I had a lot of fun. I think I lost interest when I let the creative part go. Now that we are making costumes, I will never go back to store bought. Who know, maybe I'll dress up next year.


5 comments:

Tera said...

Loved the costumes. JP said that Sara and her dad looked really cool as tide and a washing machine. Very creative of you guys! I loved the punk rock costume too but hopefully he doesn't get too used to the lip rings and mohawk!

Jami said...

Homemade costumes are the bomb! No one can copy a homemade costume.

Druciana said...

Those are some great costumes!

taradon said...

Great costumes!!

Cara said...

Wow! Those are very good costumes. The washing machine costume is certainly one you don't see every day.