Thursday, June 10, 2010

Much Needed

I've been working quite a bit lately and I really miss my kids. I've really struggled with the guilt of not being with them as much as I feel I need to and just trying to pay my bills.
I had the day off today so I took the kids downtown. We took the shuttle bus down the 16th street mall and had lunch at the food court. I love going downtown. I love people watching. Their are so many different types of people and I love that people feel they can just be themselves. I love the people playing the guitar and singing. Even if they don't sound that good. I love that they put themselves out there like that. I love the homeless people on the street. I think some of them are so clever. One guy took a bunch of those free newspapers and sold them. hehe. I talked to the kids about all the people and the differences. They don't see a lot of unique people living in Lochbuie but we talked about how Heavenly Father loves all of us and our unique qualities and what a boring world this would be if we were all the same.

After about an hour I realized that I had forgotten to put money in the parking meter. Uuuuggghh. I had a pocket full of change but spaced it out. So we rode the shuttle bus back and walked the two blocks to put money in the meter and check if I had a ticket. On the way we had to have a little lesson on why the police give tickets and how they know who owns the car and where everybody lives. The kids seemed a little peeved that tickets were given out and so many taxes are paid so I had to explain how much everything costs and why we pay all these things.

When we got to the car we were all happy to discover that there was no ticket. We decided that we better thank Heavenly Father tonight in our prayers. We rode the shuttle bus back down to the other end and stopped at one of those tourist shops that sells all Colorado stuff. The kids spent a little of their money on rocks. They all love rocks. I think they get it from their dad. Sometimes I find piles of rocks in the washer. They will pick up any rock they find cool and put it in their pocket. I'm happy they share that interest with their dad.
Anyway, after a chocolate shake we left and went to Colorado Mills mall.
We played a few video games at the arcade, mostly the driving ones. It's not a very big arcade so there isn't a lot to choose from anyway. Sarah spent the rest of her money at Sanrio and after a quick dinner we went home.
I had a great time. Just me and the kids. I really needed this time with them. I just love them so much and I really miss them. I'm sure this time in my life will pass and I'm sure the kids are fine. I know that me working is the right thing to do right now. It's also a really good opportunity for me to learn to budget my time and really check in to my kids.
They are the best. And they are worth EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

taradon said...

I'm glad you were able to have a fun day out with the kids!

Druciana said...

I find myself having the same feelings. I don't want to miss this time of their lives, but I know that working to help out with the family budget is what I need to do. I think spending quality time on your day off is a great idea!